RE: Python 2.5

  • From: "Sina Bahram" <sbahram@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 17:23:49 -0400

I think it's important not to urge legacy technologies for the sake of other
individuals' not complying, for example the py2exe authors.  There will
always be such issues during upgrade paths, but urging others to wait,
simply reduces the pressure to make such things move forward.

I just can't imagine telling someone not to bother learning 3.0 because they
might not require those concepts, especially since 3.0 involves some nice
improvements in making python a more object oriented and further robust
language.

Also, I really don't think that py2exe is quote beginner stuff unquote, in
that distribution seems to be the main name of the game for that one, and
that comes far after the beginning to learn how to program stage.

I absolutely urge folks, regardless of platform, if starting out with python
to learn 3.0.

Just a humble opinion.

Take care,
Sina