Re: Programming Preferences Was RE: I feel like giving up on programming altogether!

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:35:37 -0700

So, Andreas:
a) Where may we get this?
b) Does it come w/any documentation? &
c) How much does it cost? (always gotta ask that 1)

Andreas, I think u r so cool! Most young sighted guys could give a rip
about blind people (not). Folks don't realize (or want to realize)
that in a matter of just 1 split second they could join our ranks--it
doesn't take much--believe me, I know, & so do many others on this
list. For whatever reason, you've taken an interest, & that's more
than a little unusual. Even after you've hit the bigtime & become a
professor, you've hung around here & continued your work. I can only
speak for myself, but I feel really proud to know u. & I'd just bet
others here feel likewise.

On 7/1/10, Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In the language we are distributing in Sodbeans (Called Hop) to
> schools for the blind, hello world is done like this:
>
> print "Hello, World!"
>
> When you run that in the debugger, it outputs to the screen reader,
> "Hello, World was printed to the console." You can then go to the
> console and verify, if you really want to.
>
> Stefik

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride
Scripting Classes: http://jawsscripting.lonsdalemedia.org