Re: Please place responses at the beginning of your email.Re: Which Linux + screen reader to choose?

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:48:25 -0400 (EDT)

I second this request.  I realize that sighted participants in list
discussions often use in-line quoting, but despite my efforts to adapt
to it, I have found it highly inefficient for me as a screen reader
user.  When I have been following a message thread, it is annoying to
have to hear repetitions of previous correspondence before getting to
new material -- enough so that I reach a point of deleting messages not
directed specifically to me if I discover the writer consistently
practices this style of email.  I know the intent is not negative, but
the reality is that it presents significant usability problems for blind
people with today's email and screen reader technologies -- at least the
ones with which with I'm familiar.

Regards,
Jamal