From: "QuentinC" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2010 5:14 PM
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PDF generated by LaTeX

Hello,
After reading the introduction of both pandoc and markup binder, what I need in fact would be pandoc and not markup-binder which seem to be more for conversion in the opposite direction. Right now, I just want to convert LaTeX to a kind of structured raw text format, but the apparent polyvalence of pandoc could be useful to me in the future. I'll check if I can download it for windows, but it could also be interesting on linux. It could even be interesting to my professors so that they can exchange documents with me easier. I should test if it correctly handle math formulas and code snippets.
Thank you very much.

You are attracting my attention for another subject on your post: you are talking about a linux distribution made especially for blind people ? What has it special compared to standard distributions like ubuntu, debian, etc. ? Does it have integrated good speech suppord, more stable, better voice than that awful espeak and possibly in my native language instead of english ? Does it include accessible software for most daily tasks ? That subject seem interesting, but if you answer we may create another thread.