Re: Number of folks on the list

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 11:57:23 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to Jim Homme for being open about the number of subscribers to this
list.  I think such a question was legitimate and the information does not
violate privacy rights.  Since the JAWS scripting list also mainly
has blind programmers as subscribers, can you tell us its number, Jim?  I
understand that there is a significant overlap in membership between that
list and this one.

The only other, major list for blind programmers of which I'm aware is
program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  The moderator is George Bell, and he may be
worth contacting for information he has.

I know of one formal course for blind programmers.  It is conducted by
Lions World Services for the Blind in Arkansas.  The web address is
Presumably, staff of that program would have some useful information.

An organization that does computer user training
It does not specifically teach programming, but staff there, including
Brian Charlson, may have relevant information (feel free to say I referred
you if you contact him).