Re: Number of folks on the list

Thanks to Jim Homme for being open about the number of subscribers to this
list.  I think such a question was legitimate and the information does not
violate privacy rights.  Since the JAWS scripting list also mainly
has blind programmers as subscribers, can you tell us its number, Jim?  I
understand that there is a significant overlap in membership between that
list and this one.

The only other, major list for blind programmers of which I'm aware is
program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  The moderator is George Bell, and he may be
worth contacting for information he has.

I know of one formal course for blind programmers.  It is conducted by
Lions World Services for the Blind in Arkansas.  The web address is
http://www.lwsb.org/enterprise_solutions_programming_v.asp
Presumably, staff of that program would have some useful information.

An organization that does computer user training
is
http://www.carrolltech.org
It does not specifically teach programming, but staff there, including
Brian Charlson, may have relevant information (feel free to say I referred
you if you contact him).

Jamal