Re: Number of folks on the list

  • From: "John Greer" <jpgreer17@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:12:48 -0500

Well for some reason, the US government likes to keep all blind people in the dark so to speak. I remembered a few years back when I was still involved with my blind services, I asked them if there were other blind people in my town. Their answer to me was that information is confidential. I also asked them if they offered any programming classes for the blind, and being able to see a little what I received was just a blank confused stare. They then proceeded to tell me that, no a better job position for me to be in would be either a switchboard operator or a snack machine filler. My assumption has become it is not they don't keep numbers on us, it is the blind services that keep the numbers only keep the numbers on the people they can employ through their employer contracts. If what we want to do does not fit in what they are contracted to hire, they lose all hope for us so to speak and say we don't feel our services are what you need and bid you adue.

JohnPG search for all of your Jaws scripts at http://www.blindcrawler.com/
Also be sure to check out Blind Crawler's Legend of the Green Dragon server at http://www.blindcrawler.com/lotg/
There will be more to come from Blind Crawler very soon.
Administrator: John Greer
Blind Crawler.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Trouble" <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>