Re: Next steps on Open Komodo

  • From: Aaron Leventhal <aaronlev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:34:58 -0500

Ok, is this one filed under Komodo? We can always move it later. I won't be able to deal with bugs via email -- it's too hard to track everything that way.

Also, a11y is short for accessibility, it's like l10n for localization or i18n for internationalization.

- Aaron

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Aaron,
Here is one I suspect JAWS on.

* Open Komodo and make sure you are at the main page.
* Go to the View menu and find the choice for Toolbox tab and press Enter
on it.
* You are put into a tree like structure.
* Either create or open a file.
* I chose to open a Python file with the template from the File menu.
* When you press Enter, You don't land in the file, but in the tree.
* Press Control+Shift+E (place focus on editor)
* Nothing happens.
* Alt+Tab away from Komodo.
* Alt Tab back in and you land on the  first line of the file.

I think JAWS is not seeing focus move because the whole thing is drawn on
the one big window. I'd really like to prove that though.

Thanks.

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"Never doubt that a thoughtful group of committed citizens can change the
world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead