Re: Next steps on Open Komodo

  • From: Aaron Leventhal <aaronlev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:39:53 -0500

James,

Can you send me a bugzilla query link to the a11y issues in Komodo? If there's no way to do a single query we need to create a tracking bug for it.

There aren't going to be really quick solutions for most of the problems. For any problems that are really on the screen reader end, it's most likely that we'll get it working best in NVDA. They're a Python based AT and thus probably have a larger interest in this. I might have the Orca folks look at it as well.

I know most users here are on JAWS. I suspect that a lot of problems are still on the Komodo end. We'll have to find a developer capable of fixing the issues. We may need to contact the Komodo people and see what traction we get there.

- Aaron

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Aaron,
I have reported a few bugs. How do I keep track of new patches that come
out. Also, what do you know about whatever the various screen reader
vendors may be doing to support Open Komoto. I'm experiencing things I feel
are screen reader issues but am not entirely sure if they are.

Thanks.

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"Never doubt that a thoughtful group of committed citizens can change the
world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead

"Aaron Leventhal" <aaronlev@moonset .net> To Sent by: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx programmingblind- cc bounce@freelists. org Subject Re: Next steps on Open Komodo 11/01/2007 12:03 PM Please respond to programmingblind@ freelists.org

James,

Take your time. No one is going to go fix the bugs immediately, but it
will help us decide what the next steps are.

- Aaron