Re: Need tutorials of VB6

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 13:15:40 -0600

You've explained what enhancement (since there is only 1) in terms of memory management, but you were throwing around "benafits of the CLR," when we were talking about native c++, and thus the CLR wouldn't really matter there. Oppinions are nice, but what you give generally is misguided information because you've developed some overbearing urge toward .net without any actual reasoning behind it beyond "x says it's awesome, it must be awesome."

On 7/22/2011 9:18 AM, Katherine Moss wrote:
In terms of facts though, I mean, what facts?  Is not programming, which
language is better, which language offers enhancements for which user, isn't
that always going to be an opinion?  I mean, I've been asked before to state
facts regarding the .net framework's superiority over other programming models.
 How in the world am I supposed to do that if the only real stuff out there
saying that it's better are opinions anyway?  So anything I state that's better
than other models, isn't that an opinion?  And just restating what Microsoft
has to say regarding their own technology, that's kind of counterproductive,
isn't it?