RE: NVDA and Eloquence

  • From: Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:32:22 -0400

Hi,
Well, in all fareness, I never really did decide to push myself with
Elloquence. I made it up to 70, if I remember correctly, in elloquence
and just stayed at that setting. I really decided to increase my
listening rate once I started using Espeak. After the initial shock of
changing synths, I really did come to believe that Espeak is easier to
understand. the outcome of your research will be very interesting.
One complaint I have heard about Espeak is it has too much treble. I
personally like the treble and when I switched briefly to voxin it
sounded muffled to me, and it is probably because I got used to the
treble offered by espeak. I wonder if a variant were made for espeak
that cut down on the treble if Elloquence users would find it more
appealing?
Thanks
Storm
--