RE: Most Accessible Programming Environment

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 15:09:24 -0400

Probably any Linux distribution with speakup patched into it so long as
a console will be sufficient.  Second place Macintosh with VoiceOver for
G.U.I. work.  Third place Windows with whatever screen reader is in use.
Fourth place gnome with orca in the Linux environment for graphical
development.  I have yet to try using eclipse with orca but think that
combination will prove promising.  Emacs wherever it's appropriate is
usually helpful too.  Dos could be put on this list but that would
change the rankings because I'd place dos as 2nd place since more is
available to work with Linux now because of the discontinued support
status of dos; the last real fully functioning version of dos Microsoft
made was 6.22, later versions had pieces missing.

Rot47: <;F56]52D9:6==@?2GJ]>:=>