More questions on building with msvc

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 03:21:59 -0500

I am making progrress in setting up files to compile new releases of
liblouis and liblouisutdml by just editing a configuration file and
running nmake with a Makefile name. However, I have some questions.

1. Where can I find a description of the Windows Makefile format? It
seems to accept only statements like !include, variable definitions, !if
!else !endif and names of steps followed by a colon. Are there other
statements that it will accept?

2. It seems that the libraries libuuid.lib and libcmt.lib are necessary
for making a dll. I know where they are, but they are in different
folders. When I give the linker a library path with the two folders
separated by a semicolon it still complains that it can't open one or
the other. What is the solution for this?

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com