Re: More about VB6

  • From: niran <public.niran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 08:15:08 -0700

I too recommend for VB.NET or c#.
Since you are going to learn a new language/framework, choose something which is new and active than VB6. 1. .NET framework with VB.NET or C#.NET. For gaming you can look at directX or XNA
2. Python. pygame and many more for games
HTH
Tyler Littlefield wrote:
I personally recommend vb.net or c# for games, and here's why.
vb6 (as far as I know) won't work with higher versions of direct x, and last time I heard they were phased out. If you still want to learn vb6, you'll need the visual basic ide, (not visual studio), which you'll probably have to pay for.
vb.net is vb6, but it's OOP, and uses the .net framework.
You can get that ide for free, and it's just called visual basic.net express 2008. I believe you can just download separate ides, if not you'll just want vs 2008 express.
Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
Web: tysdomain.com
email: tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
My programs don't have bugs, they're called randomly added features.