Re: More C programming help

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 18:54:57 -0700

John, I've tried 2 call u on several occasions but no go, though skype
says you're online.

a)  Your bracing on your for loop is such that only 1 employee wil
print out, e.g., the left brace should begin following the for
statement & the last brace should be right before your return 0
statement; &
b)  Your overtime calculations are incorrect, e.g., it's time-&-a-haf,
not just half.

Basically, when calculating overtime, u take the hours greater than 40
(which u did), multiply by the hourly wage, multiply by 1.5, then add
the overtime pay to the base pay for 40 hours to get the gross pay.
So, if a person worked 40 hours at $10 per hour & worked 5 hours
overtime, the base pay is $400, the overtime is 10*5*1.5 or $75, & the
final pay is $475.

Fix that stuff & u should be good 2 go.