Re: MinGW and Wx

  • From: "jaffar" <jaffar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 00:38:50 +0800

Hi Jamal. Well, As it is already getting late over here in Singapore, I'll write out a tutorial for you before i leave for work later in the morning. However, My advice is for you to try to compile with either borland or VC compilers instead because these produce smaller libraries and dlls, while GCC tends to compile larger DLLS and Lib files which could go to like 20 to 30 Mb. I kid you not. Just let me know your preference and I'll write out an appropiate tutorial. Cheers! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>

Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 00:20:11 +0800
From: jaffar <jaffar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jamal. Can you please tell me which version of MinGW you downloaded and
are using?  I encountered some problems with the earlier gcc compilers,
especially the v3.x ones.  Also,  Are you compiling purely in the MinGW
environment using MSYS or are you Compiling with MinGW using CygWin? I am
asking because there are a few tweaks you need to make before you can
successfully compile WX widgets in either scenarios. Let me know and I'll
do my best to help.  Cheers!