Re: Maybe I'm Not Such An Old Dog

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 08:48:12 -0400

In general, I prefer opening a page in a new tab unless I am sure that I do not want to return to the current page. In that way, I can press Control+F4 in IE (or Control+W in Firefox) to close the new page and return to the previous one, without that page having to reload -- dpending on the HTML and cache settings, that often happens, which takes time and may lose one's position on the page. With IE, press Shift+Enter to open the current page link in a new tab. With Firefox, use Control+Enter.

Jamal

On 7/20/2011 8:26 AM, Homme, James wrote:
Hi Laura,

Yes. I want to know before I hit Enter if it's going to open a new page
in the same tab, or a new page in another tab, because I want to know
whether I'm goint to press Alt Left Arrow to get back, or Control F4 to
close the tab to get back. Usually, though, I try Alt Left, and if that
doesn’t' work, Control F4.

Jim