Making TK accessible?

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 11:11:08 -0700

I don't know if some of you remember Octavian, or if he's still on this list. To make a very very very long flame-filled thread shorter, he's basically screaming and yelling on the python list about discrimenation and TKInter not being accessible. Having not ran anything TK-like in Windows, I'm curious what the deal with this is. How could TK be mmade more accessible? His solution was to rip it out of the STDLib and replace it with WX, which won't end up happening for a few reasons, at least not any time soon. So, I want to try to talk to the TK folks, maybe jump in the trenches if I can and help code/make things more accessible. Can someone knowledgable about this give me some input on what needs to be done?

Ty