Re: MS Office - Excel Questions

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:52:32 -0400

Hi,
Sounds like I need to explore pivot tables then. I've never used them. I'll
check that out.

Thanks.

Jim

James D Homme, Usability Engineering, Highmark Inc.,
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"it is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis." --
Margaret Bonnano

Highmark internal only: For usability and accessibility:
http://highwire.highmark.com/sites/iwov/hwt093/

             "Dorene Cornwell"
             <dorenefc@xxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             programmingblind-                                          cc
             bounce@freelists.
             org                                                   Subject
                                       Re: MS Office - Excel Questions

             07/13/2008 09:31
             PM

             Please respond to
             programmingblind@
               freelists.org

Jim

What version of Excel are you using?

Maybe I am missing something, but why wouldn't you use a pivot table
especially if you also want time interval drill down / rollups? With a
pivot table you have the option of filtering for specific values.

Or are you wanting to accumulate valures for each time interval and then do
something with them?

Check out the syntax for three-dimensioanl references and also the Vlookup
function.

Perhaps this will help.

Dorene Cornwell
Seattle WA

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 5:56 PM, Chip Orange <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
  Sorry, I'm not on this list often, but I have man books on Excel and VBA
  programming.  Just email me off list and tell me the version of Excel
  you're using, and I'll let you know what I've got (that is, if you're
  still looking for books).

  Chip

  Chip Orange
  Database Administrator