RE: Looking for suggestions for a database to use with a website

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <chris.hofstader@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 08:23:02 -0400

One can make a text file read only while it is being edited to prevent
clobbering someone else's changes.  This, however, is pretty ancient history
and I don't think too many people would think it a better solution to
file/record/table locking in an actual database anymore.  Also, most
database programs today will cache changes for a locked object and handle
them when it is unlocked.

  _____