Re: Looking for suggestions for a database to use with a website

  • From: "Jared Walker Stofflett" <stofflet@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:27:17 -0400

What does your host offer? I would suggest mysql, store the file path and description in the database, but since the files will not be changing store the pdf's on the actual file system instead of as binary data in the database. Robert Jaquiss writes:

Hello: I am about to receive over 11,000 pdf files that I want to put up on a website. These are images that when printed on capsule paper will produce tactile images. The idea is that a teacher or parent could look through the list, select a file and then place an order to have it printed. It has been suggested to me that I use a database for this sort of operation. I do have an Excel spreadsheet with descriptive information about each file. I am looking for suggestions regarding what database would be good to use. Thank you. Regards,
Robert Jaquiss