Re: Jaws Speech Detection

  • From: "David Farough" <David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:05:10 -0500

As far as I can determine, SpeechInUse does not work this way.

when I used this function I returned a value of 2 whether or not Jaws
was speaking.

If you did a while loop while speechInUse () the loop will not
terminate.  The only way I could get SpeechInUse to return false or zero
was to set my speech profile to no speech.

David Farough
Application Accessibility Coordinator/coordonateur de l'accessibilité
Information Technology Services Directorate /
Direction des services d'information technologiques
Public Service Commission / Commission de la fonction publique
Email / Courriel:  David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel. / Tél:    (613) 992-2779

>>> Jim Bauer <holdsworthfan@xxxxxx> 12:10 pm Thursday, February 18,
2010 >>>
SpeechInUse() is the analogous JAWS function.
"David Farough" <David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Thu, 18 Feb
2010 10:29:45 -0500: