RE: Java accessibility

  • From: "Sina Bahram" <sbahram@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 03:20:01 -0400

Freedom scientific has supported java for over seven or eight years now. See
the java access bridge.

In fact, several years ago gw micro was so pethetically clueless and obtuse
about this issue that one of their lead developers came on this list and
publically stated that nobody cares about java support, or not enough folks
to make a difference.  He pretty much got laughed off, but I thought the
sheer cluelessness  was noteworthy and significant.

Anyways, there have also been other contributions by valueable list members
such as Jay Mcarty on this topic, regarding window eyes access to java.

Take care,
Sina