Re: Java: UnsatisfiedLinkException

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 13:26:42 -0600

Hi John,

The most common cause, in my experience, is one of two things:

1. It looks like the library is loading correctly, but it really isn't.

2. Your bindings are wrong. What I mean is that there is a mismatch
between the definition of your native functions and the way the
function is supposed to be defined in your C files. The mistake I've
seen most commonly is people generating the C headers incorrectly or,
silly as it sounds, misspelling something on the Java or C side.

There are other crazier things it could be, but if I had to bet money,
it's very likely option 2.

Stefik