RE: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:32:29 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Ken Perry wrote:

who want to use Access in Linux but they are options that take a lot of work
for example you can use MYSQL and php.  That of course is not the quick and
easy solution that Access is.

I'm not really in to this so haven't need to do this yet.

Linux is a solution about at the same speed as Mac and voice over.  Sure the
standard applications are accessible but it will be a long time before it
can replace all that has been put into windows.

Well what isn't stable about brltty? What isn't accessible?
And orca is improving a lot too...

I am sorry to say but the same goes for Window-eyes.  Unless Window-eyes
either pays people who create scripts or they give things like if you create
scripts for 10 applications you get a  free license of Window-eyes or if you
create an application worth of scripts a year you have a free Window-eyes.

I dunno about window eyes.

It will be a long time before Window-eyes catches up with the functionality
of Jaws.  I know a lot of people will argue with me but just look at the
work that ahs been put into Visual studio to make it what it is read the
scripts to Access that made it to the point its at.

Well ok, but I'm sure more and more scripts will be written for orca as well.

for the desktop over the years.  Linux is a multi user network server style
platform and it will be a while before it has true Application level support
even with things like Open Office.

What is wrong with open office? And what about cli apps?
eg. emacs.

I hope that Linux jumps ahead now that they re  getting a better OCR project
group together but truth is I can't live with out the scanner and I don't
have the time to help the OCR group grow the access to it so for now Windows
is my only option.  The same goes for Window-eyes I will be surprised if it

Well I don't use ocr, but I'm looking for one and since I don't use it a lot I guess anything should work for me.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>