Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind programming <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:55:34 +1000 (EST)

From: <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Teddy,
It won't. The text field will keep expanding, or, if it is coded so that
its length attribute won't let you go past a certain point, you will reach
the end of the field, but you won't jump out of it.

But you previously said:

That is correct. If you happen to land on a text field, when you type
letters, it makes you tab out. That is, if it happens to be a single line

So I still don't understand which of the 2 is true.

If I type letters on the field, are those letter typed and the cursor won't go out the field, or the cursor will tab out?

If you are over the field the screenreader (orca) should detect this and let you type letters into the field...

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>