Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:39:43 -0400

Hi Teddy,
In a single line text field, you can't arrow up or down, but that's
expected. The software forces you to use Tab or Shift+Tab to move away from
the field. That's not a problem, though, because you do that in Windows
outside of the web environment anyway. In multiple line text fields, once
you have taken a new line with the Enter key, you can move up and down
through the field. This also mirrows Windows behavior. In list fields, you
have to remember to use Alt+Down to open the field. This key strok mirrows
Windows behavior. Since I was used to Forms mode, i had something to
unlearn, which initially made it harder for me. If I had used System Access
first, I would think JAWS was harder to use. It's all in how you look at
it.

Thanks.

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"it is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis." --
Margaret Bonnano

Highmark internal only: Consider Usability Engineering On Your Next Project
or release. http://highwire.highmark.com/sites/iwov/hwt093/

             "Octavian
             Rasnita"
             <orasnita@xxxxxxx                                          To
             om>                       programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             programmingblind-
             bounce@freelists.                                     Subject
             org                       Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

             04/10/2008 09:50
             AM

             Please respond to
             programmingblind@
               freelists.org

Ok, in that case the keys won't work for other functions when the cursor is

on a form field...
Octavian