JAWS API - Speak without interruption

  • From: Kim Slattery <slattery.kim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 08:35:45 -0500

Hi, all.  Question about sending speech calls to the JAWS API.

Currently, I'm trying to find a way to have JAWS speak without
interruption.  As far as I can tell, there is no way to do this.
However, in a ticket in the NVDA bug database
(http://www.nvda-project.org/ticket/370), someone seemed to suggest
that this could be done.  Does anyone know?  If it can be done, can
you offer any assistance?  (I'm aware that Freedom Scientific doesn't,
or didn't, provide an API for JAWS, but that there is one out there.
That's what we're using.)

Thanks for your help!

Kim Slattery
slattery.kim@xxxxxxxxx