Re: Is linex better than Windows? was Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:40:04 -0400

Linix well never replace windows and here is why. there are just to many users out there that use the mouse. With linix being mostly command line input and mouse only in apps that allow it. The main stream of people don't like typing out everything they want to do. Witch is the back bone of linix just like dos. those that used dos won't have a problem using linix.

At 07:54 AM 4/18/2008, you wrote:
On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

Why not?

I also said that Linux won't replace Windows as a desktop use very soon on blinux mailing list a few years ago, and the list members didn't agree. Well, a few years had passed, and the situation is still the same. So it depends on what you understand by "soon".

Well it works great for me, so it must be fairly good otherwise I would use windows...
I don't even have a windows box, and they are right...

Maybe soon, after a few tens of years, Linux might replace Windows indeed, but not sooner.

Not that long.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/