Idea for a program

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:19:40 -0400 (EDT)

I would like to develop a simple program that presents a dialog with an
edit box for a phone number and another for a message (as well as others
if needed), which then sends the text message to the (mobile) phone.  Does
anyone know of a free API to do this?  If you know of a free, accessible
program that already does this, which is efficient to use, than the need
may already be met.  I do know of a web site that enables this freely via
a form,
http://TextAway.com

Is it possible to automate the filling out of the form via a script?  I do
not know enough about how such web scripting is done, and whether there
are security barriers that sites use to prevent this.

This would be an open source project, so if anyone can help me get started
in any language, it could be a collaboration.