RE: IPO Charts

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:25:35 -0400

Hi,
I have several comments about this. First, would you mind attaching an Excel
example to look at?

Second, for Jess, Way back about 20 or more years ago, I would write my chart
in lists with titles vertically in a text editor. Here's a very short example
with program name, top level branch and one branch expanded. Note that the
routines that use input/output have slashes before their names in keeping with
the print convention of shading the input/output boxes.

==========

Simple Report Program

Initialization
Reporting
Termination

Initialization

/Open File
Set Variables

Reporting

Processing boxes go here

Termination

Processing boxes go here.

Finally, I wonder why you are using IPO charts when it is likely that you'll be
learning classes. I'd think that you would need to unlearn some things to
relearn others.

Jim
Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility blog. Discuss accessibility here.