RE: I feel like giving up on programming altogether!

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 22:34:23 -0400

I will still stick to my guns if you want to write a simple game you still
need to understand how things work.  My daughter tried to go the easy way
she wrote her first program as a Harry potter tic tac toe.  Program She
wanted to do some animations and stuff after the simple game worked and she
quit because it got to difficult to add libraries and link them and figure
out what that silly compiler was saying about dll's and all that cryptic
stuff.  It is a whole lot less cryptic if you start out at the basics and
create a simple hello world with c then create a library maybe a dll and
link it together you can do that with simple c and a command line and a
compiler that will not be nice but it will give you a real idea of what is
going on.  If Jess is a girl woops I I will start making gender neutral
replies. .  Hmm or maybe I should go the star trek method and just call
everyone he.

Ken