RE: I P O charts in Visual Studio 2010?

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:43:42 -0700

Hi Chris and list,
My apologies for misinformation... Just checked out Wikipedia. Actually, IPO
stands for "Input Processing Output" - the list of things required to get
input for a program, process it, then output it. A psudo C++ would look
like:
* Input: Some kind of an input mechanism to get information from a user e.g.
cin >> data, ifstream fin(test.txt); and so on.
* Processing it: using whatever algorithms and data to process this
information e.g. using a while loop for getting guesses for a guessing game,
using a temporary dynamic variable to copy one vector to another and so on.
* Output: How the information is presented to the user e.g. cout, using
ofstream object, etc.
That chart... I'm not sure - unless if you can create some kind of a table
routine.
A pseudo code would look like this (in hypothesis):
// Get user input:
// Asking user what type of input it is and what the program needs to do
with that data.
Input I; // The input information from the user or another location.
Process p; // The container for storing processes required to perform an
action.
Output o; // The ouput container.
// Gather input and the process, evaluate the two data types, then return
the output result:
Output gather_input(input I, process p);
// After the processing is done, store the return value of the gather-input
function as an output:
O = gather_input(I, p);
// Now create a table to store these data values:
// The first column would have the input, the next one would store the
process, then the last column would output the actual output result.
// For ease of usage, this would be written as a function as follows:
Void print_ipo();
{
Cout << I << ", " << p << ", " << o << endl;}
If you want to work with multiple IPO scenarios, try creating a custom IPO
class, then use a vector of IPO objects (with IPO pointers), like:
Class IPO
{
Private:
String input; // The input info.
String process; // The processing part.
String output; // The output result.
Public:
// Anything you need, such as constructors, destructors (if there needs to
be a derived class) and useful accessors and mutators...
};
Vector<IPO> assignment(10; // Given that if we want to work with ten IPO
objects.
// or
IPO * ipo_ptr = new IPO[5]; // If you need to work with five IPO objects
stored as a dynamic array
In case of the second declaration, because they are dynamically allocated,
you need to provide a routine to deallocate it using "delete" operator as
follows:
Delete [] ipo_ptr;
Well, hope this helps...
Cheers,