Re: How much text can go into a registry variable?

he's probably using com?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 5:10 AM
Subject: Re: How much text can go into a registry variable?

heya you're doing win api callsfrom jaws scripts? How you achieve this?
I am not aware of any way of doing that but it would be very helpfull..
Marlon

2007/10/19, Bryan Garaventa <bgaraventa11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I'm actually writing an app which combines JAWS scripting, and VB.net. The
JAWS script is the backend interface for the VB.net functionality. So,
essentially, the user will be passing information directly to the VB.net dll
through the script. It's a bit complicated, since I'm also using some
standard Windows API calls as well within the JAWS script as well, to check
if certain processes are running in the background, thus making the
execution pause while waiting for the processes to complete.

I don't really know much about XML, so haven't explored this too deeply.
However, Jamal's suggestion for using WScript.Shell seems promising. If I'm unable to make a loop to cycle between all available sub-variables such as within a url history say, I don't think it will be too difficult to do using
vb.net.

To be on the safe side, I think I'll just stay away from the single string
variable approach.