Re: How Do You Plan An OO Project?

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:02:23 -0500 (EST)

Although some planning is helpful, the philosophy of dynamic languages and
extreme programming with languages like Python is to dive into the coding,
learn as you go along about the problem and users, and quickly adapt to
respond to needs as they arise.  I would advise against spending more than
hour planning before starting the coding of the project you describe.
Actually writing, testing, and debugging code will usually be more
productive than planning in the same period of time.

My two cents.
Jamal