RE: Helping a friend start up a web based business

  • From: "Macarty, Jay {PBSG}" <Jay.Macarty@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:25:26 -0600

Tyler,
Thanks again. Your suggestions regarding marketing ideas are good ones
to keep in mind. this would be a web business aimed mainly at art (e.g.,
painting pictures for people, creating other art work, etc.). So, a good
marketing strategy for getting first-time customers and getting the
word-of-mouth going is an important aspect. You are, in this case, kind
of providing both a product and a service. The product is the finished
art the customer buys but the service is the customization of each work.
It presents some interesting considerations from a marketing
perspective.

I'll not keep on as patterns for building a successful business model
and so on are not quite on-topic for a programming list, but I do
appreciate the ideas and I'll probably be asking some more "programming"
related questions once I have checked out some of the website references
provided.