Re: HELP! -- a mail problem

  • From: "Dennis Clark" <dennisgclark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 10:32:19 -0700

hello,
I would first note, how many messages are currently in your inbox. The next time you hear the sound indicating that a new message has been received, again check the number of messages in the inbox. If the number has increased then we know that one or more new messages are somewhere in the inbox, but not at the top or bottom of the list depending on your personal settings. If this is the case I would first check to see if the option under "view" has been turned on which groups messages together by subject. This can produce the effect you are seeing, and I have myself accidentally enable this feature in the past without knowing it. Keep us posted.
Dennis

----- Original Message ----- From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx> To: <blindwindows7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <BLIND-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2010 10:19 AM
Subject: HELP! -- a mail problem

Greetings all -- please excuse the cross post, but I am getting rather
alarmed that I won't be able to recover some mail, or receive more from my
account.  I am able to send mail, but when I receive it, I hear jaws
announce as it is downloading, and the notify sound goes off when it's done,
but the new mail just isn't anywhere.  I have tried a number of things but
can't seem to find the problem.

Since I can't receive mail, could someone who knows anything about OE please
call me on skype -- my id is leavesplusplus
Meanwhile I am leaving my new mail on the server, which I will check from
time to time, but I hate the interface there and prefer downloading.

Thank you from the depths of my heart if you can solve this one.  I have a
lot of mail going to this address.
--le