Guide to developing web applications in Java.

  • From: Léonie Watson <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 16:04:33 +0100

Afternoon,

        I've just completed a course that looked at many of the technologies
involved in developing a distributed web application in Java. The one thing
I struggled with is how to pull it all together.

        I've got a project I'd like to work on. It's a simple web
application for entering recipes into a database and searching the results.
It won't be a distributed application, but I believe many of the
technologies will be similar.

        I'm hoping someone can point me to some resources on how to go about
the process of developing a web application in Java. What are the
specification, design and build steps I take? Which are the best approaches
to take? If anyone can suggest some resources, it would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Regards,
Léonie.
--