RE: Google accessible search gone

  • From: "Steve Jacobson" <steve.jacobson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 10:44:52 -0500

Seriously, don't you think we're throwing around the term "inaccessible" a
little loosely to say that the regular Google search is inaccessible?  While it
sounds nice, I've never used the so-called accessible search, always using the
regular search although I turned off the "instant" part.  While there are
things I would change if it were written specifically for me, I would not have
thought it to be inaccessible.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 14:56:43 +0000, Katherine Moss wrote:

>Well apparently not, or else we wouldn't be talking about it, would we?

Of Jared Wright
>Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:40 AM
>To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Google accessible search gone

>C'mon, Ty, she's a Microsoft fangirl! And one of the most ardent ones I've
>ever come in contact with, to be sure. But, hey,  if your tools accomplish the
tasks and all that...
>On 8/17/2011 10:36 PM, Littlefield, Tyler wrote:

>>One thing you should do is switch from google to Bing.  Their searching is
>>very good, but if you're trying to use Bing for SEO, you might as >well stop
right...
>Microsoft Fanboy incoming.

>On 8/17/2011 8:23 PM, Katherine Moss wrote:

>One thing you should do is switch from google to Bing.  Their searching is
>very good, but if you're trying to use Bing for SEO, you might as well stop
>right
there.  It's an abomination.

>From:
>programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Of Dale Leavens
>Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2011 12:59 PM
>To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Google accessible search gone

>Typical of this damn computer and Windows Vista. Junk appearing and functions
>changing randomly.

>I am on google many times a day and haven't looked at my cookies in months!

>Dale leavens.

enter.

to go back to using the normal google search for now...:

>http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/more-wood-behind-fewer-arrows.html

>Pity, since the accessible search interface was quite a bit cleaner, and also
>ranked search results a bit differently based on the 'cleanliness' of their
content, but anyway.