RE: Good resource for beginning programmers

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 00:40:38 -0500

OK I think your definition is over complex.  Here is mine.

If you can read the code of an application without decompiling it or reading
it with a special editor and it makes no extra files when it runs.  It is a
script.  Now notice I don't say it's a scripting language because if someone
wanted to get cute they could take even php and compile it to an executable
and then it would not be a scripting language.  So it's simply a language
that doesn't compile to an intermediate something-a-rother before running.

Ken

Ken