Re: Getting started learning VB6

I am a professional C# developer that has been using Visual Studio since
version 2003. Almost 7 years now.
There is very little, that I am not able to do with the Express version of
Visual Studio at home that I do with the Premium versions at work.

Jacques

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 8:38 PM, Littlefield, Tyler <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> here's my two cents: If someone wants cross-platform, there are things like
> c++, Python, or Java. If the OP wants windows programming, then use what's
> there. vs express and .net framework 4.0. No sense in using an outdated
> library (mono) that only supports half of the features. I like the idea of
> the project, but really the .net framework is going to be used anywhere in
> the market.
>
> On 2/15/2011 11:28 AM, DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26 wrote:
>
>> If it's only windows programming that will be done and the code will
>> never be used in a cross-platform context then yes.

Jacques Bosch

Software Architecture and Development
Independent Contractor
Cell: +27 824711807 Fax: +27 86 504 4726
E-Mail: jfbosch@xxxxxxxxx