Re: Getting hold of/accessing certain wxPython elements when using LBC

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 05:00:04 -0400

Lbc wraps the wxDialog rather than the wxFrame class. I was also surprised to discover that wxDialog does not support a status bar natively, so Lbc creates one with a label control. The SetStatus instance method of a dialog may be used to set the text of its status bar (pass a single parameter consisting of the string of text to be displayed).

In the future, I would like to wrap the wxFrame class as well. Initially, wxDialog was significantly easier because it does not require a wxPanel control layer between the parent window and the child controls.

On 8/30/2011 3:04 AM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
While definitely quite happy with using layoutByCode in python to render
most general controls on a dialogue, etc., I specifically want to be able
to manually set the status bar text/content, and to be able to add a menu
to the dialogue/window as well, and the wx.Frame object has the necessary
methods/functionality, and I would have assumed that the pretty standard
LBC dlg object would effectively be a wx.Frame object, but doesn't seem to
want to let me make use of it as such, etc.

That is when I try something like the following:
myFrame = wx.Frame(dlg) #but anyway

Any thoughts, off hand, on how to gain access to the window's frame object,
or have I missed finding some LBC specific functionality/methods for
assigning menu bars and status bar text?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA