Getting hold of/accessing certain wxPython elements when using LBC

  • From: Jacob Kruger <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:04:04 +0200

While definitely quite happy with using layoutByCode in python to render
most general controls on a dialogue, etc., I specifically want to be able
to manually set the status bar text/content, and to be able to add a menu
to the dialogue/window as well, and the wx.Frame object has the necessary
methods/functionality, and I would have assumed that the pretty standard
LBC dlg object would effectively be a wx.Frame object, but doesn't seem to
want to let me make use of it as such, etc.

That is when I try something like the following:
myFrame = wx.Frame(dlg) #but anyway

Any thoughts, off hand, on how to gain access to the window's frame object,
or have I missed finding some LBC specific functionality/methods for
assigning menu bars and status bar text?

TIA

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker