Fwd: Facebook seeks accessibility engineer

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, BlindWebbers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 11:00:24 -0400 (EDT)

-- Forwarded Message --

Are you interested in building products used by hundreds of millions of
people? Do you have direct experience working with assistive technology
(ie screen readers)? Facebook is seeking an experienced User Interface
Engineer that is passionate about building accessible user-facing web
applications. This role includes the management of technical
accessibility processes as well as ownership over internal and external
communication of Facebook's accessibility strategies.
This position is contractual and is based at our main office in Palo
Alto, CA.
<http://www.facebook.com/careers/ajax/share_dialog.php?s=20&p%5b%5d=129
800667069208>Share
<http://www.facebook.com/careers/careers/apply.php?id=129800667069208>A
pply
for this position
Responsibilities
   * Work with product teams to implement accessible products
   * Participate in code reviews with an eye for accessibility
   * Identify and communicate accessibility best practices for
front-end engineering
   * Manage technical process for accessibility
   * Communicate Facebook's accessibility strategy internally and
externally Requirements
   * Expert knowledge of web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS)
   * Expert knowledge of assistive technology (JAWS, VoiceOver,
Dragon NaturallySpeaking)
   * Experience with scripting languages (PHP)
   * Passion for elegant, intuitive, and accessible user interfaces
   * Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code for UI components
   * Familiarity with Object Oriented JavaScript Frameworks
(Prototype JS, MooTools, Dojo, etc.)
* Experience working with HTML/CSS/JS in high-performance
environments
   * 3+ years experience in building web products with assistive
technology in mind
   * BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
Bonus
   * Experience building complicated workflows
   * Relevant experience includes self-started personal projects
<http://www.facebook.com/careers/ajax/share_dialog.php?s=20&p%5b%5d=129
800667069208>Share
<http://www.facebook.com/careers/careers/apply.php?id=129800667069208>A
pply
for this position

<http://www.facebook.com/careers/careers/department.php?dept=design&req
to this requisition
<http://www.facebook.com/careers/careers/perks.php>Benefits and Perks

We've got it good!
At our Palo Alto headquarters, we also offer free breakfast, lunch and
dinner at our Cafe. Whether you're looking for healthy salads, or
hearty world cuisine from Belize, India, etc., or just a couple slices
of pizza, Chef Josef and his team of culinary geniuses in Palo Alto
make it happen every day.
<http://www.facebook.com/careers/careers/life.php>Life at Facebook

Innovation is paramount
No matter what part of Facebook you join, you'll be building something
big and new. You won't simply be finding answers; you'll be framing
questions that no one has ever asked before - and identifying
unprecedented opportunities. We welcome pioneers. In fact, we insist on
them.