Re: Fruit basket program in Boo, Other Script Langs

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:22:34 +0300

Thank you for that documentation.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: Fruit basket program in Boo, Other Script Langs

In case this helps you or others interested in using WxWidgets, I just
posted a documentation collection at
http://www.EmpowermentZone.com/wx_doc.zip

Cheers,
Jamal

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, Octavian
Rasnita

Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:59:50 +0300
From: Octavian Rasnita <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have tried it again, and I've seen that it is pretty accessible. Not very
friendly to Jaws, but accessible yes.

If I moved the focus with left and right arrows in order to select a tab
page or the second one, Jaws use to say only "WX" for each page, beeing
pretty hard to see on which of the pages is the focus.
But if I pressed Insert+Tab, Jaws read the name of the current page, so I
guess this might be solved with a Jaws script.

I have also tried the WXPerl demo.pl and I've seen that when the focus is on
the first tab it doesn't read the name of that page even if I press
insert+tab. It just say "Tab".

I haven't tried too much and I thought it is not accessible when I've seen
that it doesn't talk on insert+tab and neither when using the arrow keys.

But I like that it works with Control+tab and control+Shift+tab for moving
the focus to prior or next page.
I don't know if this is built in, but I hope it is.

Win32::GUI and Java SWT don't have these hotkeys built in.

You convinced me to try more serious WXPerl, even if I don't like its syntax
(even if I won't create another wrapper for it that make it work like
Win32::GUI :-)

Octavian