RE: Floss manuals for people with vision impairment

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:44:21 -0400

Hi Chris,
I'd be glad to convert for people as I have the time.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810
Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility
blog<http://mysites.highmark.com/personal/lidikki/Blog/default.aspx>. Discuss
accessibility
here<http://collaborate.highmark.com/COP/technical/accessibility/default.aspx>.
From: adam hyde <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

hey Chris and Deborah,

All books from FLOSS Manuals are available under a free license and you
are welcome to use them as you choose for free as long as the same
license is maintained (we use the GPL for all books except 3 or 4 which
are either CC-BY-SA or FDL). We can provide PDF, plain html (each book
on one page) or odt. Probably for us the PDF is the easiest to provide.

Here is an example of a PDF from us:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/Ardour/FM_22Mar10.pdf

we can provide you with a tar of all the manuals in pdf if you like...

adam

Founder FLOSS Manuals
German mobile : + 49 177 4935122
Email : adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>