Re: FAQ for this list

  • From: "Arnold Bailey" <arnoldbail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:35:16 -0400

Hi Jaffar,

On your  thoughts on "explore the potential of programming as a career",
I've been working on the same thought. I expanded the idea into careers in
many of the IT disciplines and tried to describe the jobs, their
applicability to the blind/vi and their requirements (i.e., certification,
education, experience). The site is http://www.blind411.org/ITCareers/ I've
also created a site for the K-12 teacher, administrator  and parents to
encourage IT education in the K-12 education. The site is
http://www.blind411.org/ITinit/

Hopefully this could be a resource. I'd be glad to explore ideas.

Arnold