Re: Excel Question: Swapping Rows

You could use Excel's built-in ability to move and copy rows/columns. Move column A to column X at the end of the spreadsheet, move Column B to column A, move column X to column B. I'm sure you can automate this down to one keypress if you want to dig into VB for applications a bit and tie those actions to a hotkey.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/move-rows-or-columns-HP005201464.aspx

On 3/11/2011 7:15 AM, Homme, James wrote:
Hi,

I would love to be able to press one key and move a row up or down in
Excel 2007. One key would swap with the row above. The other would swap
with the row below. I'd like to do the same for columns. One would swap
with the column to the right. The other would swap with the column to
the left. I'd like to have this set of functions work for every
workbook. Now for the $64 question. How difficult is this to create, and
how do you do it?

Thanks.

solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without
the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail
message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its
subsidiaries, or affiliates.