From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christopher Edwards
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 4:33 PM
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Excel: Help With A Simple Macro

Hi Jim,

I am very sorry, I sent my message in too much of a hurry. What you need is
simply what I think you ment it said in your message. Either:

    Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True
or
    Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True

I think I must have misread your original mesage because when I recorded a
macro to do what you wanted it only inserted the code above and no fixed
value.

I am sure you will find macros and VBA very useful. The more you experiment
with them the more powerful you realise they are and you can do all sorts of
things you would not think of using a spreadsheet for. For example, in the
dim and distant past I even used Excel to convert files from one format to
another and that was before VBA came along. I agree that this was not the
best solution but it was needed quickly and I would probably have taken
longer with another language.

Good luck,

Chris