RE: Emacspeak on Mac

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 12:38:20 -0400

See what happens when you type locate espeak >espeak.log in a terminal window.
There should be some directory structure like emacspeak-33/servers/espeak in
that log file.  If so see if you can find an espeak file with no file suffix on
it in that directory.  If not, then run make in that directory and see what
happens.  If you get errors, then you may need to edit the version of tcl and
tclx in that make file to match what's on your machine.  I had 8.5 on slackware
13.0 but that file says 8.4.  So I changed 8.4 to 8.5 and did the make and it
was successful.  I expect I'll be doing a make on a mac or two this weekend so
I'll know more after that.  By the way, emacspeak-34.0 Bubbles was just
released earlier today.