Re: Edsharp question

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 17:27:06 -0500

It also has compiler-sensitive code snippets that can be invoked, LaTx
functionality, sophisticated rapid navigation of structured text
documents, built-in accessibility, and everything, I mean everything
on there can be done with hotkeys.  It's an open source editor written
by a visually impaired programmer that caters to the needs of other
visually impaired programmers.  That, my friend, is really it.
Honestly, downloading it and trying it out is the only way to find out
for yourself what all it does.  Like many open source apps, word of
mouth is the way to find out about what it does.  I don't think the
documentation is accessible separately from the program.  Also, it's a
free application so, it's not like you are going to find nicely
packaged marketing-driven files telling you about how it slices, dices
cooks and cleans, mops and sweeps and feeds the dog.  All jokes aside,
I find myself coming back to it again and again for anything requiring
a text editor and manipulating text files of c++, html, javascript and
python code.  I also use it to open pdf's in an accessible manner.  My
only gripe with it is that it's so good, I just can't seem to go
mainstream because mainstream apps just don't do what I need them to
do as a blind programmer.  I only wish my other problems were that
minimal.  Also, please take note, any promotion/positive reviews you
will find on this list or anywhere for that matter are done by end
users.  I don't think I've ever come across a posting from Jamal
trying to talk anyone into using his app.  He doesn't have to.

Don't be scared.  Try it. you'll like it.

Alex M   (The other Alex *grin*)